You may be thinking, "Hey, wait a minute, I'm not ready for home health aides yet. I'm a healthy Boomer." Well, you may need "a little help from your friends" sooner than you think. As the saying goes, "Stuff happens."
For instance, if you live alone in Sarasota and need to get outpatient surgery, who's going to pick you up from the surgery center? Who's going to be at home to check on your post-anesthesia-wooziness or temporary physical weakness?
Maybe you have friends or neighbors who can be there for you, but if you're new to town, maybe you don't.
Here's a handy list of local service providers, should you need a little bit of temporary assistance:
- Right at Home: 941.929.1966, seniorcaresarasota.com
- Senior Home Companions: 941.924.0494, seniorhomecompanions.com
- Right Accord: 941.366.0801, rightaccordhealth.com
- Utopia Home Care: 941.343.4416, utopiahomecare.com
- Take Care Home Health: 941.927.2292, takecarehomehealth.com
- Granny Nannies: 941.870.7234, grannynannies.com (as low as $18/hour)
- Home Instead: 941.951.2242, homeinstead.com
- Help at Home: 941.388.3117, helpathomefl.com
- Connections for Seniors: 800.851.9882, connectionsforseniors.com (they say "affordable")
- Comfort Keepers: 941.932.8887, bradenton.comfortkeepers.com
- Alternative Homemaking with a Heart: 941.488.2248, althomemakingwithaheart.com
- A Daughter's Touch: 941.894.0990, adaughterstouchhomehealthagenc
- All Heart Senior Care: 941.954.6565, allheartseniorcare.com
- Senior Friendship Center 941.955.2122